Our current DuraGal range of coatings:
- DuraGalPLUS delivers a smooth internal and external zinc coating with a minimum of 100 g/m2 each side for superior corrosion protection.
- DuraGalCLEAR is a passivation treatment that provides improved long term adhesion for powder coated surfaces.
Given the diverse climate and geography of the Australian landscape, only a DuraGal coating can give you the peace of mind that you have the protection you need for the job at hand.
History of DuraGal
- In the late 1980s, Tubemakers of Australia (Newcastle) discovered a steel pipe and tube coating process in the USA that improved upon the existing processes in Australia.
- Tubemakers purchased the license for this benchmarking technology and became the first manufacturer to introduce it into the Australian market. After further developing the process, Tubemakers patented the work and branded it ‘DuraGal®’.
- Tubemakers revolutionised steel applications when it introduced DuraGal products into the Australian market.
- DuraGal offered many never seen before advantages:
- The quality surface finish left products strikingly clean and rust free (the silver galvanizing was a breath of fresh air to the dominant traditional black steel of that era)
- The durable corrosion protection and temporary rust preventative made the products more resistant to handling damage during transportation and storage
- Higher strength
- Easy and economical powder coating, resulting in a smooth attractive surface
- Eliminated costs incurred by shot blasting, cleaning and painting.
- The impact DuraGal made to the Australian market was positively felt far and wide. Pipe and tube consumers across all market segments embraced DuraGal products as fabrication production became safer and the products more easy to use. DuraGal streamlined production, reduced application costs and enhanced project outcomes.
- Today DuraGal is one of the most recognised brands in the Australian steel industry and is the brand of coatings including, DuraGalPLUS and DuraGalCLEAR.