SHS – Square Hollow Sections
SHS is commonly used when a balance is required between strength and functionality in structural and mechanical applications. The equal-sided symmetry of SHS gives it aesthetic appeal, as well as making it economical for joining and other fabrication processes. SHS can be straight-cut when joining to other flat surfaces, and minimal edge preparation is required for joining and welding.
- Ideal for post (compression) applications when compared to other structural sections
- Flat surfaces make it economical for joining and other fabrication processes
- Straight-cut when joining to other flat surfaces
- Minimal edge preparation required for joining and welding
DuraGalPlus: Minimum average coating mass of 100 grams per square metre inside and out
DuraPrimed: painted with blue or black primer
Oil: black product may be lightly oiled.
- AS/NZS 1163: 2016 – Structural steel hollow sections